So...we suggest that you consider alterations an integral part of your gown purchase. Tailoring makes your dress a "one and only dress" that fits and compliments your figure. Put alterations in your wedding budget and look forward to putting on your expertly fitted gown. Here's how we do things at Lasting Bridal Couture.
1. Appointments are taken for the first fitting. For wedding gowns, fitting are done on Tuesday and Thursday.
2. During your first fitting, you will be given an estimate for your alterations. If the estimate is agreeable, then you give us written permission to begin and pay a 50% deposit. You will also be given a second fitting date. Please, please tell the seamstress everything that you want and expect. This is YOUR dress and your wedding. The seamstress is doing her best to please you. But you must speak up. Our seamstress is listening.
3. During your second fitting, you will put the dress on and inspect the alterations. If all is satisfactory, you will sign the completed worksheet and pay your balance.
4. You are free to take your dress with you, or we will store it and provide one complimentary steaming.
Vitae for Wendy Polvi - Head Seamstress
- Assistant designer of Casual Time Childrens Wear and Johnathan Martin Jr. Clothing
- Custom dressmaker for Richard Brooks Fabrics
- Operated Wendy Polvi Designs as a custom dressmaker.
- Costumer for Theater of Dallas
- Costumer for Garland Civic Theater
- Head seamstress for Lasting Bridal Couture